IOTA is an open-source distributed ledger protocol that goes ‘beyond blockchain’ through its core invention of the blockless ‘Tangle’. The IOTA Tangle is a quantum-proof Directed Acyclic Graph, with no fees on transactions & no fixed limit on how many transactions can be confirmed per second in the network.
Instead, throughput grows in conjunction with activity in the network; the more activity, the faster the network. Unlike blockchain architecture, IOTA has no separation between users and validators; rather, validation is an intrinsic property of using the ledger, thus avoiding centralization. IOTA is initially focused on serving as the backbone of the emerging Internet-of-Things (IoT).
Best 3 Wallet For Storing IOTA
1 IOTA Light Wallet
GUI IOTA Lightweight Wallet is ideal for beginners, so its installation is very simple.
Looking for an IOTA Wallet MAC? You are very lucky! It can be downloaded on MAC, Windows, and Linux. However, this particular IOTA wallet is not compatible with mobile devices.
From a security point of view, you have access to your private key. That is, it is not stored by a third party. At the initial setup, you will be asked if you want to install a full or lightweight node. If you are new and want to make it simple and safe, it is best to choose a lighting unit.
If you like the sound of this IOTA wallet, you can download it from this website.
2 Nostalgia IOTA Light Wallet
In addition, if you need IOTA Mac Wallet, Windows, Linux, you’re in luck. NOTALGIA IOTA Lightweight Wallet is a lightweight IOTA wallet that can be downloaded to Windows, Mac and Linux devices.
It is known that he has a really good security feature, but it is rather difficult to use. Therefore, if you do not fully understand the basic encoding, this may not be the best IOTA wallet for you. If you can use nostalgia, you will get the fastest access to the IOTA network. This is very useful if you need to quickly make a payment.
3 IOTA Wallet for Android
The last wallet on my list is the official IOTA wallet for Android. This is, of course, a mobile wallet that provides a lot of convenience on the go. By simply downloading the official apps, you can send, store and receive IOTA wallets. Other features include a QR scanner, IOTA-Fiat exchange rate and additional password tools.
A purse was recently released. That is, it is still in beta. Unfortunately, since the wallets are still young, there were many mistakes. If you are lucky to have a mobile phone on Android, you can go to the Google Play store and buy the official IOTA wallet for Android. Here is a link for you!
I know you probably think this is it? Well, at this stage, I’m afraid. Since the IOTA platform is not yet complete, it will take some time to complete the preparation. Do not worry, there is still a long way to go. Next, I will look at some IOTA wallets that should be issued in the future.
By the way, if you would like to read my complete guide on “What is IOTA?” then you can access it by clicking here!
IOTA Wallet – Up and Coming
Trinity Wallet is designed by students at the University of London (UCL) and will be released soon. According to the latest announcement in March 2018, Trinity Wallet will be the first user-friendly IOTA wallet to appear on the market. Many functions are available, including several languages, basic mode or standby mode, the ability to print IOTA paper wallets.
Nelium is another handy wallet that is currently under development. Once released, this IOTA wallet is compatible with Android and iOS, it’s just a mobile wallet. The main advantage of using the Nelium wallet is ideal for beginners.
In terms of security, the Nelium server will never see them because your personal seed is only stored on your mobile device. In addition to being able to scan QR codes, there is a clear user interface that makes it easy to transfer funds.
Ledger Nano S IOTA
I will keep it to the end! In April 2018, the IOTA team announced that its encryption code would soon be compatible with the Ledger Nano S wallet! Ledger is a hardware wallet. If you remember this in front of my guide, this is next to the safe you get. This is the safest way to save an IOTA coin, since it can return funds even if the hardware wallet is stolen.
It is important to remember that Ledger Nano S must be purchased on the official website and follow this link to access it.
Tips for securely storing your IOTA
- IOTA support. There are only a handful of wallets available that support Monero, so before sending funds to a wallet, make sure that it’s actually set up to hold IOTA .
- User-friendly interface. Understanding how to use a wallet is critically important if you want to safely store your coins. With this in mind, look for a wallet that is simple to use and provides all the features you need.
- Privacy. Privacy is an important issue for many IOTA users. If this is important to you, check to see what protections and features a wallet has to allow you to maintain your anonymity.
- Security. How secure will your IOTA be against hacking and theft? Do you retain control of your private keys or does a third party manage them? What level of encryption is used to protect your private data? How easy is it to back up and recover your wallet?
- Customer support. For added peace of mind, find out how you can access support from the wallet provider if you experience any problems.
- Ongoing development. Is the wallet you’re thinking of using an old project that’s been forgotten about or is it backed by a development team that’s continually working to upgrade and improve it?
- Good reviews. Finally, check out user reviews from other IOTA holders who have stored funds in the wallet. This will give you a better idea of how secure the wallet is, how strong its support team is and how easy it is to use on a day-to-day basis.